15-year-old boy dies in Kerala due to infection with ‘brain-eating amoeba’ | leader

0 minutes, 30 seconds Read
Spread the love


Leaders Online Desk: A 15-year-old boy (PAM) died of infection with ‘brain-eating amoeba’ in Kerala’s Alpulla district. This is a rare infection that affects your central nervous system. Chances of death increase after infection. The condition occurs after infection with Naegleria fowleri, also known as the ‘brain-eating amoeba’.

Kerala Health Minister Veena George assured the public that PAM does not spread from person to person. The patient’s samples have been transferred to the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research and will undergo a detailed examination.

Did you read this too?

For Latest Updates! Read Bombay Today

Similar Posts